BlueStar Flashlight Packages
The BlueStar packages are an economical flashlight + filter glasses combination that works well for exciting fluorescence in many subjects. The Royal Blue excitation is great for GFP, fluorescein, and other green fluorophores, and for exploring fluorescence in the world around us.
Quick page index
What is the benefit?
You can easily screen for green fluorescent protein, fluorescein, calcein, and other fluorophores used in life sciences research, and explore for fluorescence in nature.
Who is using this?
- Researchers in bio labs
- Works great with GFP, eGFP, fluorescein, lucifer yellow, other fluorophors
- Demonstrate and teach principles of fluorescence
- Encourage student exploration of fluorescence in the world around them
- Fisheries scientists
- Marine scientists
- Scan marine specimens for fluorescence
- Examine settlement tiles for juvenile corals
- Reef aquarium hobbyists
- Bring out the true fluorescence in your tanks
- Scan for new life too small to see any other way
- Explore for fluorescence in your world – your kitchen, your garden, anywhere!
“The Nightsea Bluestar torch is excellent for checking GFP plants in the lab. It has been exceptionally useful and very reliable.”
What are the options?
The BlueStar packages are available with a choice of three styles of filter glasses that all have the same optical properties. The FG-RB-1 glasses are like basic safety glasses, while the FG-RB-2 and FG-RB-3 are more stylish. The style 3 glasses do not fit over eyeglasses. You can also buy extra pairs of glasses. All of the filter glasses conform to ANSI Z87.1 impact standards for safety glasses.
BLS1 – BlueStar Flashlight and Model FG-RB-1 barrier filter glasses – $205.00
BLS2 – BlueStar Flashlight and Model FG-RB-2 barrier filter glasses – $215.00
BLS3 – BlueStar Flashlight and Model FG-RB-3 Barrier Filter Glasses – $215.00
Part numbers and pricing
- BLS-1 – $205.00 – BlueStar with FG-RB-1 style glasses
- BLS-2 – $215.00 – BlueStar with FG-RB-2 style glasses
- BLS-3 – $215.00 – BlueStar with FG-RB-3 style glasses
- Fiter glasses
- FG-RB-1 – $34.00
- FG-RB-2 – $55.00
- FG-RB-3 – $55.00
- Batteries – 3 C cells, alkaline
- Dimensions – 6 cm diameter, 20 cm long (2.25 in. diam x 8 in long)
- Weight – 0.4 kg (13 oz) (including batteries)
- Operating duration – > 4 hours continuous
How do I order?
NIGHTSEA products for the laboratory are distributed by Electron Microscopy Sciences
Technical questions? – contact NIGHTSEA