Dual Fluorescent Protein Flashlight
The Dual Fluorescent Protein flashlight is a portable, battery-operated flashlight that includes two different, switch-selectable high intensity LEDs for excitation of fluorescent proteins or other fluorophores, and comes with matching barrier filter glasses and a handy carry/storage case.
Quick page index
What is the benefit?
You can easily screen for two different colored fluorophores with one flashlight.
Green (GFP) and Red (DsRed) Fluorescent Mice
What wavelengths are available?
We can provide flashlights containing any two of the excitation colors that are available with our popular Model SFA Stereo Microscope Fluorescence Adapter. For a comprehensive table of fluorophores and recommended NIGHTSEA excitation wavelengths that match, please reference our article on the subject.
- Ultraviolet – excitation 360 – 380 nm, emission 415nm longpass
- Violet – excitation 400 – 415 nm, emission 460 nm longpass
- Royal Blue – excitation 440 – 460 nm, emission 500 nm longpass or 500 – 560nm bandpass
- GFP, fluorescein, calcein, lucifer yellow, …
- Cyan – excitation 490 – 515 nm, emission 550 nm longpass
- Green – excitation 510 – 540 nm, emission 600 nm longpass
What comes with the DFP?
With the DFP light you receive two pairs of barrier filter glasses, a set of batteries, and a convenient storage case. The glasses are well matched to the excitation source so that they block the reflected excitation light while transmitting the fluorescence with high efficiency, providing excellent viewing contrast.
What are the part numbers for the different color combinations?
To specify your color combination, use the following part numbers:
- DFP-1 – The original combination, with Royal Blue and Green excitation
- DFP-xy – for any other combination, where ‘x’ and ‘y’ are the first letters of the excitation colors you want
- U – Ultraviolet
- V – Violet
- R – Royal Blue
- C – Cyan
- G – Green
- example – DFP-VC will have Violet and Cyan LEDs
What is the price?
- DFP-1 – $755.00
- DFP-xy – $815.00
- (Ultraviolet not included)
- DFP-Uy – $945.00
- Applies to any combination that includes an Ultraviolet LED
- Extra barrier filter glasses – all $55.00
- FG-UV – UV longpass
- FG-VI – violet longpass
- FG-RB – yellow longpass
- FG-RB-GO – green only bandpass
- FG-CY – cyan longpass
- FG-GR – red longpass
One set of batteries included
- Batteries – 4 C cell, alkaline
- Dimensions – 7.5 cm diam x 12.5 cm long (3 in. diam x 5 in. long) (excluding pistol grip)
- Weight – 0.8 kg (1.75 lb), with batteries
- Lamp type – LED
- Lamp life – >10,000 hours
- Operating duration – > 4 hours continuous
How do I order?
NIGHTSEA products for the laboratory are distributed by Electron Microscopy Sciences.
Technical questions? – contact NIGHTSEA