Model FL5000 Inspection Light
The BlueLine Model FL5000 is not an ultraviolet light – it is a blue light for fluorescent NDT inspection that works with existing fluorescent particles and penetrants. The blue light excites the fluorescence of the materials and the BlueLine filter glasses completely block the reflected blue so that you see your fluorescent indications with maximum contrast. The FL5000 incorporates a unique selectable flashing mode that makes it much easier to see indications when there is ambient light present.
Blue light, no filter
Blue light plus yellow filter
More information and ordering
The FL5000 flashlight is a product of BlueLine NDT. BlueLine and NIGHTSEA are divisions of the same company. For logistical reasons we are merging the BlueLine products with the NIGHTSEA web site. For more information about the FL5000 beyond what you can read below or to place an order please contact NIGHTSEA directly – email and telephone in the footer at the bottom of this page.
FL5000 FAQ – click the links for more
- Application examples
- The FL5000 is being used in a variety of ways in inspection environments, including reducing rework bounces, workflow management, pre-screening, and more.
- NDT code considerations
- Authorization to use blue light in final inspection is approved by some but not all approval agencies. This article discusses the use of the FL5000 in relation to code considerations.
- Two high intensity 3W LEDs with current-regulated output
- Focusing optics for intense spot beam
- Three styles of filter glasses available
- Two operating modes – steady and flashing
- Non-breakable locking switch prevents accidental actuation
- Integral pistol style grip
- Front lens protected by heavy rubber boot for drop protection
- Tough, non-corroding ABS and polycarbonate plastic construction
- Rubber sleeve wrist lanyard
- Lifetime warranty
- Intensity: >3,500 μWatts/cm2 at 15″
- Lamp life: >10,000 hours
- Batteries: 4 C-cell alkaline
- Weight: 25 oz. (0.7 kg)
- Size: 5″ L x 3.2″ D (12.7 cm L x 8.1 cm D)
Part numbers and pricing
The FL5000 light comes with one pair of filter glasses, of any of the three available styles. Styles 1 and 2 fit over eyeglasses, Style 3 does not.
Filter glasses Style 1
Filter glasses Style 2
Filter glasses Style 3
The price for any of the part numbers is $575.
- FL5000-1 – light plus Style 1 glasses
- FL5000-2 – light plus Style 2 glasses
- FL5000-3 – light plus Style 3 glasses
Additional glasses can be purchased separately
- FG-RB-1 – $34
- FG-RB-2 – $55
- FG-RB-3 – $55
All of the filter glasses conform to ANSI Z87.1 impact standards for safety glasses.